Tuesday, March 9, 2010

31

I'm 31 today and man oh man do birthdays change when you have a baby. Last year I got together with my girlfriends and went out to dinner. There was no grand celebration (due to little Julia growing inside me) but there was a celebration. This year...not much celebrating going on. Jarred did send me some beautiful flowers and picked up sushi for me. However, today was spent dashing around from Gymboree to Sweet Peas and Carrots to cleaning the house for a showing...I'm exhausted!

However I must say that at 31 I finally feel like my life is in the right direction. I am in a very content place. I feel like I am doing everything I was meant to do but too scared to do it. I always thought I had something to prove to people but with the birth of Julia, I have discovered my true self. I am a great stay at home mom and love it! It's such a hard job but so rewarding. I think about what life was like before her and it was pretty and painted in pastels...now life is beautiful and painted in every color imaginable. I am starting to my own business doing something that doesn't really seem like work to me...how lucky?? Granted I wouldn't call it a successful business but I do feel successful in finding a "career" that people long for. I enjoy it, it's fun, it fulfills a creative need but most importantly, it lets me stay at home with my beautiful girl.

I wouldn't change a thing about my life right now. I am so happy. Oh wait, maybe a facial and a massage. I don't feel 31 but I definately don't feel as young as I used to...maybe it's that thing called rest that's missing???

2 comments:

Crystal Johnson said...

Happy Birthday!

It's amazing how how priorities change. My birthday is the 17th and I have scheduled tours of preschools. Boy, a massage sure would be nice!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!