Thursday, March 18, 2010

Memphis: My First Night Away From Julia

My parents came in this past weekend to visit Julia. Of course Jarred seized this opportunity to plan a day away....a much needed day away for me! I'm always in complete mommy/homemaker mode and I'm forgetting to be a wife. So after writing out detailed instructions and organizing all of her food with post-its (that's the teacher in me making lesson plans), we hit the road around 9am.

It was a nice scenic drive filled with conversation and sharing our interests. Once we made it to Memphis we stopped at Chilis to eat before hitting up Graceland. I started with my first margarita for the day at 12:20. I would have had more but for some reason Graceland didn't offer them. We enjoyed our baby free meal and headed to the velvet-filled world of Elvis!
Entrance

I LOVED the Front Room. I would love to have those sofas!
Graceland was definately a must see for anyone that wasn't alive during the 70's unique style of design. Shag rugs (we have one in our living room however), velvet covered sofas and walls, gilded mirrors covering the walls and celings, bright but awkward colors covering the leisure rooms....a sight for my eyes and camera.

Welcome to the Jungle....room!
Tourist pose!

After our touristy trip to Graceland and managing to avoid buying anything but a Christmas ornament (a traditon for us), we headed to The Peabody. What luxury!
Margarita 2 and Jarred's Jack.....let's get this night started!
View from our room - Beale St to the left.

Grizzleys Nuggets - enjoying the night with my love.

It was such a wonderful night. After we left the game we went to a bar on Beale. We were surrounded by single college men and women trying to find the one ....or the one for the night. In the middle of it all I realized how blessed I was to have a man that planned an amazing day away and a little girl at home dreaming about me. Life is so good and I am so blessed!

No comments: