Friday, April 9, 2010

Lowering the Crib

Its a bittersweet moment everytime I pack up a size of Julia's clothing or move to the next stage of baby food. These are moments where I realize she is no longer that tiny little baby and soon won't be a newborn but instead of movin' and shakin' toddler. It's sad. Then I think though about how much she has accomplished over 8 months and how much of a gift it is to watch her grow and solve the mysteries of walking and feeding yourself. Last night as I was lowering the crib (she's can now pull up and tries to stand and will soon be tipping over) it occured to me that REALLY SOON she will be a toddler an I'll be taking away the front panel. Wow! It seems like just yesterday she was sleeping through my chest through the night and then her co-sleeper next to me. When people say time flies and they grow up so fast they really mean it. Whatever happened to time passing by so slow like when you were in high school....the years seemed to tip toe by and now they are sprinting it seems. The years you want to savor ....I am trying to savor every moment and take in the beauty of watching a child discover what to us is simple but to them a mystery. Wow - what moving 4 screws and a frame can evoke.

Picture to come soon. She's sleeping and as we all know don't risk waking a sleeping baby!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh just wait till she starts school, then time really starts to book! Kiss those chubby cheeks while you can. :)