Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's Official - I'm A Small Business Owner

I must say I'm quite proud of myself. In just seven months I have started a business that I can see being really successful one day allowing me to contribute financially to our family. Yesterday I received my business license (the brilliant gov't workers mispelled my name on it but a corrected one is on it's way)  and today I opened my business account. How exciting! I still want it to come second in my life with family being first ( I mean my full time job is SAHM and my part time job is photographer) but since I'm marketing and Jarred has so many financial ventures, I figured the IRS would get me if I didn't make it legal.

I will always owe part of it to my sweet Julia. She's my muse, my inspiration, my model, my practice client. I have always loved photography but if it hadn't been for her birth I would still be a teacher, counting down the days until summer break and wishing I never had to go back. I also have to owe the ability for it to grow so quickly to Jarred's support. He's always just let me pursue different ventures whether they worked or not. He's always had faith in my through this and still supports me to do what I have to do to make this venture successful.

On a side note - It is so crazy to think that exactly one year ago I was expecting Julia in a couple months, counting down the days until school was out and I never had to go back. I had no idea what was coming my way but now that it has arrived I love it!  I spent my day today gardening, dashing Julia around, crawling around chasing her, wrestling a wild little girl to bed, working on business stuff at my own pace and now laying in bed watching TV not dreading tomorrow but looking forward to what great things little Julia will bring.

No comments: