Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mommy's Day Out

Yesterday was my mommy's day out day - the nanny came over. So I had four hours to me, myself and I. What did I do? First I dropped off some items at the post office. Next, I was then headed to the movies (by myself - yay) and decided to stop and capture the beautiful magnolia blossoms of a tree I pass everyday.
These may be finding their way to my wall.

After my quick-side-of-the-road photoshoot I headed to the movies to see Shrek - The Final Chapter 3D. Yes I can choose a movie to see all by myself and I choose Shrek. I am a sucker for kid's movies. They're so simple and you don't have to overthink it. I can be a kid again by laughing at the silly jokes and besides, today kid's movies have adult inuendos built in Plus, I can not get Jarred to sit and watch a kid's movie and I completely understand. A bonus - I was the only one in the movies! I so look forward to taking Julia She will never have to pull my arm.

After the movies, I deposited a check, picked up groceries and headed back to Mommyland. What a relaxing day. I love being with Julia but I just need "me" time every once in a while. What  a great day!

No comments: