Sunday, June 27, 2010

Blessed

So tonight as I was giving Julia her bottle before she went to bed I found myself thinking about sitting in her nursery a year ago. Then I was miserably pregnant and just anxious to meet the little one...all I wanted was to get her out. I folded clothes repeatidly and reorganized so it would be perfect. Now she has arrived and even at the end of a day filled with persistent whining (three teeth are breaking through at once) and nothing making her happy, I find myself so blessed to have such a beautiful girl that now plays and laughs in that nursery. She finds such comfort in her nursery. The nursery that I worked so hard on to make perfect by having everything perfectly placed and organized now looks perfect when she has toys strown from one end to the other or when tiny (but getting larger) baby clothes are stacked on the dresser and not in the closet. I mean for three days the baby monitor, still plugged in and working perfectly, was in her waste basket from her getting wild on the changing table. The blankets aren't stacked and folded neatly but instead wadded up in her crib for her to snuggle up to.

It's crazy to think how one year can change your perspective in so many ways. Not only do I look the whole clean/organize thing differently - sure I have my days where I need the house spotless but other days I'm fine that toys are everywhere and laundry needs to be done.Things important now are Julia and having things in my life that fulfill me and give me purpose. Life is so wonderful and tonight as I'm just feeling blessed.

No comments: