Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sick but we Survived!

Oh what a week. Jarred had to leave for a week long business trip the day after Julia and I came down with something...whatever it was left us with sinus infections and a prescription to amoxicillin. Needless to say it was a rough week for me and my sanity and patience have been beyond tested. Incompetent plumbers, tile installers not as OCD as myself, Jarred being gone the whole week while we were both sick, unnecessary snow (which I no longer photograph because I despise it)....I'll just stop there. It was a no good terrible horrible week but I survived and now I'm blogging.
Saturday was our first beautiful day in what seems like months so eventhough Julia was uber snotty and I had the energy of a turtle we headed to the park. The guilt of keeping her trapped in our germ coated house just got to me. Oh and of course she had a blast. She even made a friend. Julia loves being outdoors and the second she gets an opportunity she's out the door.

Vmmm, vmmm...she loves wheels.
She's starting to go up and down steps standing up...I know she's getting so independent but I'm so proud of how driven, adventurous and determined she is:-)

 Her little friend for the moment. He couldn't walk so she decided to crawl with him.

Sunday morning I woke up feeling like I was dying while Julia was waiting by the bed with her bottle shaking it at me':-) After I got moving off to her kitchen she went to make me' breakfast...do you think she realizes how crappy mom feels? She has played more independently this week and let me get some cat naps in. It has made me realize she really is in touch with other people's feelings even at such a young age. She is truely a blessing and angel.
Making breakfast for us.
What a mess she is - pajamas, one high heel of mine and her bracelet from Halloween.

On a positive note, Jarred has returned, our tile has been corrected and Julia and I are feeling a bit better.

No comments: