Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines 2011

So I hopped on the train this year with getting Julia involved in this holiday...so it's really a Hallmark made holiday but it's all about LoVe so I'll celebrate it!

Julia has been hard at work making crafts. I've been trying to make 10-10:30 craft time and have done pretty well. Julia enjoys it as well. Our first craft was cards for the grandparents. Below is a sample:

We used crayons and I introduced stickers to her which she loves. She will randomly bring her bag of stickers to J or I at night. It's so awesome to watch her little fingers figure out how to get those sticky hearts from her hands to the paper. It's really great for her dexterity it seems and helps her learn to focus on one activity.
Another craft I discovered was window shapes. I bought contact paper and laid it out on her table. She then put pieces of construction paper on it that I had cut up. I then put another piece of contact paper on it. I then cut the heart shape. These are included in the grandparents VDay packages along with suction cups so they can hang them on their window.


I also included mini-accordian's in the Grandparent Vday Bags (photographer mommy craft:-)
Another fun Valentine thing this year : finding Julia some cute Vday outfits! The first is an etsy creation! Pants by Sarah Roses and shirt by WeeWhimsey Couture . Both ladies do amazing detailed work with quick turnover time on orders:-)

Here's the second. Coco BonBons shirt which is a local designer located in Brentwood and Target (Circo) tights. I love the 80's feel of this outfit with her hip denin jacket:-) It's all Julia - carefree and laidback but always in style:-)

Oh and we can't forget the gifts. Her Daddy sent her flowers and I got her a couple things although the only thing that got opened today was her diaper bag. You can see she is already a teen girl in the making chatting on her fake cell phone.


From Daddy

No comments: