Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Shopping Cart Cover Drama

So back in February I ordered Julia a custom made shopping cart cover. I carefully picked out the right fabrics and added all the bells and whistles a baby or mom for that matter could want. This thing had a built in pillow, attachments for toys, a bottle holder, leg flaps and safety cords. So I paid my $83 with my Visa and began to wait. Estimated arrival: 1/11/10. In those two months I fell in love with it and thought about how easier life would be once I could sit Julia is a shopping cart. I dreamed of strolling into Target with the baby on my arm and sitting her in the cart and strolling around....notice all the strolling. Life was going to be easier! Grocery shopping would no longer be a chore I had to do on nanny day. Try unloading a buggy with a 17 lb baby strapped to your chest - not happening. So, I decided I would be patient and wait. Afterall I really didn't need it until Julia was sitting on her own. Flash forward to today.

It is now three weeks past the estimated arrivall. Julia is quite capable of sitting up without assistance and would rather see the world that way. So this creates a bit of an issue. I don't want to sit her in the cart this small without a cushy cover but I don't want  to buy one until I know the whereabouts of my already paid for Kozypal. so why not just contact them and ask? I HAVE! I have emailed via gmail and via their online contact form. When using the contact form on their website I always receive an automated response that states someone will contact me within 24 hours and if not then resubmit my inquiry....I've now resubmitted 10 times! So just do the old fashioned way of contacting - call. I do. EVERYDAY I call at different times. Sometimes it just rings forever and somedays I get the phone companies "this person is not availble to take calls" answer. No answering machine to leave a message. My calling the Better Business Bureau threat on the contact form didn't even get them interested. So today I found out I'm not alone. Another mommy blogger had it happen to her and she disputed the charge only to have the Kozypal arrive a week after the charge was disputed. She had another mom contact her about this as well.

This company seemed reputable. Even Oprah recognized her cart cover at some point. However now the Kozypal blogs and newsletters aren't even updated. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I'd rather have a rude woman to talk to than no woman at all. I need my cart cover!!!
Tomorrow I will call the bank to start the process of disputing the charge and I am going to report them to the BBB. This is ridiculous. On top of it the owner is a mom! she should know how important fast customer service is to new moms. I don't have time to track down my cart cover however thanks to this company's poor service I am having to make time.

No comments: