Thursday, November 19, 2009

Julia's First Family Dinner


Last night Julia sat at the table (atleast upright) for the first time. Sure there have been nights where she has been at the table while we ate but she was in my arms or laying down. I don't count that. Last night she sat in her Bumbo and watched us and if she was analyzing what we were doing. I have read that it's good for babies to watch you eat. Helps them connect to eating real food and using utensils when the time comes. She seemed to enjoy it. There was no fuss, no restlessness...only intrigue. I can only wonder what was going through her head as Jarred and I ate our Parmesean chicken and veggies.

"That's not a bottle going in that bottle hole on their face..."

I'll never know but I do know it was a wonderful feeling to sit as a family at the dinner table and share a meal at the end of the day. It was nice to sit with my husband and discuss our day while our baby girl was a part of it.

No comments: