Sunday, November 22, 2009

My baby girl is 16 weeks old!

It's so hard to believe that it has been 16 weeks/4months since Julia was born. It has flown by (if I forget about the first month which I didn't think I would survive at times). I have survived and somehow came out with flying colors. I just think of how blessed Jarred and I are to have such a beautiful and easy baby. She's so strong and seems to be so smart. She is the light of our lives and eventhough I'm not a morning person, she makes me wanna get up early and play. That precious smile, big eyes and funny faces...now she is laughing even more which is AWESOME! Even with a little cold and constipated, she still laughs and smiles...and then throws a tantrum. The tantrums are nothing to me at this point. Just look at this angelic face...
Things She's Doing Now:
  • Laughs at parents
  • Smiles at anyone
  • Cooing (mini coversation)
  • Rolling from belly to back
  • Imitating facial expressions
  • Acknowledges or turns toward her name
  • Full weight on legs (since 1 month)
  • Lifts head forward when in a recline position
  • Holds rattle
  • Bats and grasps at bright colored toys
  • Splish splashes in tub
  • On a daily schedule( 3 hour blocks) ---7ish - wakes 7:30 - bottle 8:00- play 9:00 - nap 10:00 - wake REPEAT
  • Still waking up around 4:30 restless and getting in bed with mommy
I am so glad I decided to start this blog. It's mainly for her to be able to see her life documented through my eyes but at the same time I look forward to a year from now and looking back at these first entries and remembering when my little girl was a baby.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just wanna eat her up!

Carrie said...

I am loving sharing this journey with you. We will always have this as a bond for the rest of our lives. Are you saving this blog? Do you know how I can save mine?