Friday, November 20, 2009

Sick Mommy

So I managed to do it - catch my first cold as a mommy. It sucks!! When you're just you (or maybe you and a husband) then you can take care of yourself while you're sick. A 16 week old baby doesn't get it. She doesn't understand that mommy needs a nap or I can't hold you because I can't quick sneezing and sniffling. She already has a bit of a crudy nose so I don't want to make it worse. However, I will say that all of her play toys have really got some use the past couple days. At times I have felt guilty about leaving her staring at her mobile for so long or leaving her in her swing while she's awake but the last thing I want is for her to get sick. However, she is an independent baby (most of the time). She seems to be enjoying all of this alone time quite well. I have moved her Boppy floor play mat to the bed so atleast I'm sitting with her.
I know I shouldn't feel guilty but I can't help it. It's a double edge sword. If I love on her and smother her with kisses like I normally do she will get sick. If I keep her at a distance then she misses mommy and wants to be held if a pick her up for a second. I know this is just new mommy feelings and in time the guilt will pass but as for now this sick mommy feels a little guilty.

No comments: