Monday, November 16, 2009

Another Wreck - Julia's Interesting Fact



Yesterday we were in an accident - the 2nd one in 11 months. The first one happened when Julia was only 7 weeks in my belly. Now she is 3 months old. How many babies can say they have been in 2 car accidents by the time she was 4 months old?? I guess that will be one if her interesting facts one day. I always try to look at things so serious in a lighthearted manner.

When the accident happened all I could think of was her. I was so overwhelmed with the need to protect my baby that I didn't realize we were rolling again. Jarred had to tell Me to push the brake because I was just rolling into traffic. I've never experienced adrenaline - a real rush where everythig blanks and you can move mountains and feel no pain- until yesterday. I wasn't hurt but I know if I had been I would have made it to my baby girl. All I could think of was her! It scared me to death. She is safe and unharmed. Those car seats are quite amazing. It just startled her which startled me. As for the Murano, it can really take a hit. Both wrecks have involved Muranos so I now am at a kunundrum??? Do we get a new car because Muranos seem to be bad luck or keep it because it has proven to be safe. The first accident involved us getting T-boned on my side by a work F-350 going 40+mph.

Julia has become my world. She is the most beautiful and most precious thing I've ever laid eyes on. She makes me laugh and makes me want to be a better person, a successful person and a good person...so she will be. It all flashed in front of me yesterday in those 3 seconds.

So, Jarred has already started looking at cars so stay tuned.

No comments: