Sunday, November 29, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree


So we don't actually cut it, but the farmer at the Farmer's Market did! Yesterday we took Julia along as we picked out our first real tree in four years! That makes having a baby all worth it...I have a feeling if we hadn't had a baby we would have put that pathetic fake tree back up again with all it's shagginess and missing needles.

Julia didn't really have much to say about the whole situation. She was happier snug as a bug in her carrier. However, Jarred had something to say so we had to agree which can sometimes get hairy. We finally found a tall and full yet somewhat slender tree with a triangle shape. It was/is beautiful.

I am so in the Christmas spirit this year! Maybe it's because I feel like I missed out on Christmas last year because I felt so horrible in my first trimester. Or maybe it's because I have this beautiful baby girl and she just makes everything so much more beautiful and wonderful. Maybe a little bit of both but all I know is the day after Turkey Day was my official start of the Christmas season!

The tree is complete and I must say it is our most beautiful tree yet! It took me about 3 hours to decorate it but I am very proud of it. I went with a red and white theme (with the colored lights for Jarred) and added tons of red ornaments in addition to our sentimental ornaments (we get an ornament for life events or places we've been so our tree means something). I intertwined ribbon throughout and even made my own bow for the top thanks to the lovely members of youtube. Now with packages under it....drumroll please....Oh Christmas tree, ring in the season!

No comments: