Friday, November 27, 2009

Julia's First Turkey Day...Gobble, Gobble, Gobble

Yesterday Julia celebrated her first national holiday - Thanksgiving. We were going to go to Capitol Grille for a 2:00 dinner.I am not one that finds joy in slaving in the kitchen for me and my husband. I can show him I love him in other ways besides cooking a turkey and ten sides  however, Jarred woke up with the idea of cooking here. He even offered to help get the stuff, cook and clean - SOLD! . So off to Whole Foods we went! We browsed the aisles with no list or idea of what we wanted. After about 30 minutes we had gathered stuff to make stuffing, all ready made mac -n- cheese, rolls, a pecan pie, a chocolate bourbon pecan pie and a chicken...neither of us are turkey people. Well while waiting on our chicken, Jarred ran into the Slattery's picking up their dinner. So after their invite, we headed to their house with our food to add to theirs...and this is how our Thanksgiving dinner was created.

The dinner started out with everyone oohing and ahhing at how Julia could sit in her Bumbo. She is getting so strong and can sit in it for extended amounts of time. I'm soooo proud of her. Well, after I ate, she started to loose it. Can you blame her? By 2:00pm she had had only one 20 minute nap in my arms. I couldn't believe she had lasted that long. Plus all of the excitement of new people and a baby baby! She met Julia and Steve's new daughter Piper. Julia was like Lilly was when she met Julia - just mesmerized. As she gazed at Piper, it was if she was thinking "she has small hands like me, hmmmm, is that me?" Julia is just a curious baby girl. That head never stops turning and those eyes are always mesmerized by something. After the fun of her meeting a baby baby, I calmed her down and put her down for what turned into a shortlived 20 minute nap again. Holidays just throw her off! We went for a walk, hung out for a while and headed home around 6pm. When we finally got home, we put her in her swing and off to dreamland she went until 7:00am this morning.

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving. We are so blessed to have such great friends here in Nashville. Our family is so blessed in so many ways that I have become thankful everyday. Life is so sweet. We have a beautiful home, Jarred has a wonderful job, we have a great relationship and most of all, a healthy baby girl that is the greatest blessing of them all. It took so long to get to where I could see all that I can be thankful for but finally I do! I am living my happily ever after and I am truly thankful that I can say that. Life is so beautiful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you guys had such a good time!