Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Day


This year we celebrated our first Christmas as a family and it was wonderful..minus my all day headache (thanks car accident). The day began with the smell of cinnamon rolls and Jarred pounding upstairs as he worked out. What a committment...the only thing I lifted was gifts and food.


We opened gifts after Julia's morning nap and she had a great time doing it! She loved the bows mostly and paper of course. She awed at the sparkly of her first Barbie but that was shortlived when she discovered the bow on the package was even more sparkly. She got really excited about her learning cube. Her big gift was the exersaucer which seems to be a hit. She was even curious about the exersaucer the minute I sit her in front of it. After we put her in the exersaucer it was all over. We didn't even get to finish opening her gifts. We are just going to open them when my parents come in on Wednesday.



As for Jarred and I, he gave me a set of beautiful diamond earrings which I will cherish always. He also gave me a Flip camera so I can always catch Julia in the act and share with everyone. He received from me a Bluetooth for his phone, wine chiller, some thermals (a bit dressier than his plain jane/rustic ones), an HD DVR and another gift that will arrive in the next few days.

After gift opening, I cooked the holiday feast. It was quite yummy and we even used the wine chiller to chill the wine. Dinner was followed by A Christmas Story and napping.


It was a wonderful holiday that we will always remember and cherish as it was our first as a family of three. We are truly blessed as a family.

No comments: