Thursday, December 24, 2009

Twas the Night Before Christmas

Today is Christmas Eve- our first as a family of three. It hasn't really felt like Christmas today...55 degrees and wearing shorts all day...hmmm. We stayed in town this year due to the Murano being in the shop and a rock slide on I40...who wants to drive 9 hours with a baby who has mastered the sound of squealing cats? I thought by staying here in our Chrsitmasy decorated home that it would feel like Christmas but I guess my memories will always be in Morganton. Julia's Christmas memories will be here in Nashville under our Nashville trees.

We did start the day off with a visit from Santa! Laura's Dad dressed up and played the part well. Maybe next year my Dad can do the job! Julia liked Santa and wasn't scared like I thought she may be. Instead she sat on his lap and told him what she wanted...in Santa/baby talk of course.


Santa I want...


Santa with Julia and her best friend Lilly.

She is really such a funny girl. I find myself laughing at her. She's always laughing and being silly. However, if you put an audience in front of her she tends to freeze. Atleast now she doesn't freeze in front of the camera lens. I guess after five months of having it in her face she is starting to warm up to it

Just being a silly girl before Santa arrives.

Tomorrow is the big day. It's what all the parties, shopping, planning, cutsie outfits and believing have led up to. The celebration of Christmas Day - the birth of Christ.

I am so blessed this year to be able to celebrate this day with my new family. This time last year I had no idea of the true blessing that was growing inside me. I had no idea of the beautiful life that would come with the arrival of my beautiful little girl - my sweet Julia. I am truly blessed and look forward to celebrating all of my blessings tomorrow.




1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love the santa pics. I have to say that that first Christmas as a parent is life changing. I am loving this journey with you! I count you as such a blessing this Christmas.
Love
Carrie