Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Reflecting on 2009 and Looking to 2010

REFLECTIONS

This was quite a year for our family - we met our baby girl! The year started off with me pregnant in my first trimester and miserable but ends with me having to most precious gift in the world. She has become the light of our lives and the joy in everything we do. She is the first thing I think of in the morning and the last before I fall into slumber. She has made me a better person and helped me discover my true self in so many ways. She is the greatest blessing of my life.

I have become more content in my life and how I am valuable in this world. I see things in a more positive light although I do have days I falter back to Ms.Negativity but I'm only human.

2009 has to be up there with one of the most wonderful and most fulfilling years of my life. I am sure there is so much more to come in life but this will be one of those years I will refer back to in many years to come.

Jarred has become successful in the house flipping industry with flipping three houses in this year with his fourth already in the works for 2010.

LOOKING FORWARD

I have made the resolution to get back in shape...yadayadayada. Don't we all make that resolution? I have never made it before but considering I did have a baby five months ago, I need to do something to reboot my weight loss.

I have also decided to start considering a photography business as more of an option. I know I have a lot to learn before actually charging people for my services but there are 12 months in a year...that seems to give my many months to work on my craft and possibly turn my hobby into a moneymaker this year.

I want to focus on continuing to live life with intention and making the most of every moment. I want to continue to work on living in the moment and not worry about tommorrow more than I think about today. A dear old friend wrote this on his facebook page the other day and I want this to be my mantra for 2010:

Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.
~Malcolm S. Forbes

I want to continue to focus on the value and gifts that I have to offer this world instead of what I am not. I am who I am for a reason and by embracing that I will become the best mother I can possibly be and that is the most important thing I have to look forward to in the next year. and

Continue to be a supportive wife to my husband and be the best mother I can be to my beautiful daughter by supporting, loving and always encouraging her.

No comments: